Wednesday, November 1, 2006

The Day After

So I think that November 1 has come to be one of the most eventful, yet favorite, days in my year. Odd, I know, but walk through some of my day with me.
This is what the first day of November has done for me.

1)Reminded me that the holidays are here.
This morning I saw my first Christmas commercial of the year. I don't know what it was advertising, but it gave me a funny feeling inside. You know that feeling. The one that reminds you how much money will be exiting your bank account in the next few months. But also reminds you how you will be able to deaden that pain with gallons of egg nog, 15 days of turkey, and all the pies, cakes, and candies you can handle.

2)Allowed me to practice my counting and reading skills.
Jack Henry, Annaliese, and I got to practice these skills all day. Three times her trick-or-treating bucket, that now holds all things holy and sacred, was dumped out. And each time the holy and sacred items were returned to their position in the bucket, they were carefully iventoried. Our math and reading skills were tested as each one was counted, smelled, weighed, and put into catagories.

3) Provided me with endless entertainment.
How many different ways can a child ask (in J.H.'s case, grunt) for candy. Or go to the bathroom, as that candy makes it's way out.

4) Lastly, I was left to clean up after "The Big Day".
As Hollween comes to an end, and I have to return all the decorations to a box, I have found that they leave behind a sad reminder of their existence. A little ring or shape in the dust, telling me that I don't have to rush to dust that spot, because in just a few short weeks, a little Santa figurine will be there to cover it up.

And.....I just got a call from the Mossmans'. Welcome to the world little, make that big, Peri!!!
10lbs 3 oz and 22 inches long!!! Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good start! I can't wait for christmas either, yeah!

And what is it with all the piddly shit our kiddos insist on dragging from room to room!