Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Little Jacky H.

That's what I am going to have to call "it". I know, I must be one sick mother to name my son's "it". I am not the type to do that kind of thing. However, his recent obsession with "it", requires this extreme measure. It really is something to observe.
Due to the fact that Jack Henry has been blessed with enough gut to shame any 36-year-old, ex-frat boy, who never learned to put down the Bud Light, he has trouble standing up and looking straight down at "it". So he is forced to sit down, hold his stomach back with one hand, and use his free hand to admire his manly-ness. I have to say though, this comes as a relief. For awhile I was a little afraid "it" would go unnoticed, that he would be the only boy that didn't dig and adjust out on the baseball field. That he would let one of his hands fall uselessly to his side as the other held the remote and switched between ESPN and any channel hosting a poker tournament.
So thankfully I am checking this concern off my list of things to worry about when I don't sleep at night. I can now put on my attention back on that disease I might catch from a Nigerian (or was it Sierra Leone) immigrant.

5 comments:

Keithclan said...

I love it! Not "it", you know what I mean!

Being six weeks older, Max has perfected a few techniques to get around that annoying belly. One is to bend over and face "it" head on.
That's fun to watch, he usually falls over eventually.

Do you know what they will do to us when they are teenagers if they ever find out the kind of things we blogged about when they were toddlers? Remind me to sleep with my door locked!

ashli said...

that is too funny! Boys Boys Boys! They're crazy!

brooke said...

Welcome to the motherhood of little boys. It only gets better, and more awkward. It was fun meeting you tonight!!

Anonymous said...

But one must wonder where he got his inspiration from...let us only assume (and you know what that does!!) that he learned this new "it" trick from his father?!!

Keithclan said...

Miss manners says it is okay to blog about your son's "little guy", but it is not okay to leave it at the top of your page for 2 weeks. Update, already!