Saturday, June 3, 2006

Oh My Darlin'

My grandmother was a born and raised Yankee. She hailed from a town called Worcester, Massachusetts, pronounced Wu-ster. She was appalled at anyone who would wrongly call it War-chester, including a weatherman named Rick Mitchell, who she promptly called and corrected. Pronunciation of this fine new England town is a must. Most of her adult life she had to live with the puzzled look of the okies when she would ask them questions like, "Where did I pahk(park) my cah(car)?", or, "Can you hand me that fauk(fork)?". The last one was a favorite of ours, mainly because we could get her to say it over and over again on cue. My grandmother, who would die before profanity would cross her lips, never understood the sophomoric humor behind that word.
So with much disdain grandma lived her life in El Reno, Oklahoma. Never letting go of her New England roots or accent. So I am pretty sure that in her little corner of Heaven she is not going to see this video clip of her great -granddaughter being just as Okie as they come. Her hair is actually wet but it looks greasy and I think that makes it even better, well that and the little burp at the end.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

5 comments:

Keithclan said...

I realized my children would be true hicks when Jordan wrote a story in first grade about the 3 little pigs and the bad "woof". the first pig made his house out of "strol". Where does your kid get all these songs, by the way? Can't see you Don sitting around out night singing "A tisket a tasket" and "Clementine". Congrats on figuring out dropshots!!!

ashli said...

that was AWESOME! I love her! Where in the hell does she learn all of those songs? Do you teach them to her as you are "dressing Don"? Oh and I hope you know I still have not figured out how to do that GD dropshots!

ginny said...

I think bah must teach her those songs...she is sick cute my darlin'

Anonymous said...

Summer
How well you write..I haven't read anything that entertaining in a long time..you make the most mundane task sound interesting and what great insight! How Miss Annie can sing! You have the most adorable children!

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean "oh my DARWIN"? What a beautiful little ham she is! -Camille